In this episode of the Foodist podcast Cassie tells her story of going from a chronic dieter to a foodist.
- How she was able to stop focusing on nutrients and drop the dieting mindset
- The first changes she made to start changing her eating habits
- Why learning to cook was the key to her success
- The limiting beliefs that she needed to change in order to make progress
- The obstacles she overcame so she could get more exercise
- How she knew she was on the right track despite making only small changes
- Why the psychological benefits of giving up dieting are even better than the physical results
She even emailed me after the show to emphasize her success:
“Since I didn’t really lose weight after finding ST (since I didn’t really need to) and the psychological changes were so huge to me, I feel like I down played the physical changes to my body during our talk. For the first time in my life, I have abs and a well defined muscles – like, I want to wear more tank tops to show off my shoulders and arms! I didn’t tape myself before getting more serious about strength training, so I don’t have any numerical results, and since my physical appearance wasn’t the reason I was working out it honestly feels like my muscle definition just kind of happened… I woke up one day and thought “Holy crap! Where did these triceps come from?! ” And there I go again, making it all sound so easy. I swear I didn’t used to like going to the gym!”
(Still waiting on approval from Stitcher)
Links mentioned in the show:
If you enjoy the show, please head over to iTunes and leave a review. It’s super important to the success of a new podcast, and I truly appreciate your support.