Marley Spoon sent me a meal kit this week and it turned out delicious.
We made kimchi pancakes with sesame spinach & rice and quinoa burgers. My husband was my sous chef and it turned into an awesome date night filled with beer and fun music. I couldn’t stop eating the kimchi pancakes, they were AH-mazing!
We had plenty of leftovers for multiple meals and I was able to share with my Mom. Here’s a direct quote from her:
“This burger is the closest thing I’ve had to the real deal since I became a veg 20 years ago, are you sure there’s no meat in here?”
“Umm, yumm, ummm” (sounds of enjoyment).
- Easy to follow recipes and beautiful images.
- No food shopping required, saving time and energy.
- Everything came pre-portioned, no waste!
- I learned how to make new dishes and can now personalize them adding some Whole Foodie Booty pizazz.
- They included a hand written note as a nice touch and their branding looks great.
- I learned how to make the perfect caramelized onions- my husband was raving about them.
- The food turned out so good!
- The cook time took significantly longer than expected.
- I would have preferred organic spinach and brown rice to white rice; we subbed in whole wheat flower when the recipe called for all purpose.
- Since I don’t usually follow recipes I felt like a chicken without a head running around trying to do everything perfectly and in order. This is more of a personal con but if you’re like me, I recommend cooking one meal at a time instead of trying to do two at once.
My overall recommendation is to check out Marley Spoon! Whether you order weekly, or for a fun stay at home date night, you won’t be disappointed by the easy, flavorful recipes that will change-up your weekly routine.
Whole Foodie Booty approved!