First things first. If the above picture makes absolutely no sense, stop reading this immediately and go watch History of the World: Part 1. You’re welcome.
So for those unaware, I’ve been working on an eBook for a few months now. The hope is to have it ready within a week. Last month, not knowing what the new book’s title should be, I asked my creative Facebook community for some suggestions. As usual, they did not disappoint. And for the record, none of these were “rejected” as I loved them all. I will call them “alternative” book titles instead.
- Celiac Disease: The Good, The Bad, The Poopy
- Celiac Blows
- Celiac Disease: Understanding the Misunderstood Condition
- Celiac Disease: Shootin’ the Sh*t
- Celiacs Can Eat More Than Just Celeriac
- Celiac Disease: Managing Life In and Out of the Bathroom
- Celiac: The Nitty, Gritty, and Sh*tty
- Eat, Pray, Hurl – An Honest Account of Living with Coeliac
- Celiac Disease: Truth, Lies and Gluten
- Celiac Disease: The In’s & Out’s (LITERALLY)
- From Plate to Toilet: A Celiac’s Handbook
- Celiac Disease: Do You Have the Guts?
- The Ryes that Bind
- Celiac – It’s Not Just a Pain in the Ass
- From Crappy to Happy: Learning to Deal with Your New Celiac Diagnosis
- Gluten Dude’s Celiac Disease Survival Guide
- No…I Can’t Just Eat a Salad!
- Pucker Up, Celiac Disease: Everything You Were Afraid To Ask and More?
- Gluten Wars: Return of the Villi
- Hold the Croutons!!
- Celiac. What the Bleep do I do Now?
- Celiac Disease: Fork Gluten
- Celiac Disease, No it isn’t the Cool Trend
- Grab a Stool, Let’s Talk Celiac
Gotta love it.
So what did I end up naming by book. Drum roll please………..
“The Naked Truth About Living with Celiac Disease”
Did I just hear a collective groan? Perhaps it was just my imagination. Here was my thought process:
- Having something catchy and amusing is totally my style, but might have hindered people from finding it on Amazon, Google, etc.
- I didn’t want the title to have a negative vibe as the book is about overcoming the obstacles of celiac disease.
- My blog tagline is “The Naked Truth About Living Gluten Free” so it’s consistent with who I am.
- I wanted the title to focus on “LIVING” with celiac disease, not just eating gluten-free.
- I’ll be naked on the book cover. Seriously. Don’t worry, it will still be PG rated. Ok fine…maybe PG-13.
I’m still considering what the price will be. I will say this: it will be somewhere between $9.99 and $999,999. But definitely under a million dollars so no need to be concerned that it will be overpriced.
If you have some honest feedback about the title, I’m all ears. Just be gentle with me.